[Twisted-Python] New SerialPort transport and associated goodies

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Dec 20 15:33:31 EST 2002

For those of you that haven't noticed, I've added a SerialPort
transport with some help from Itamar.  It's dependent on pyserial
(http://pyserial.sf.net/), and currently supports posix and Jython.
It'll eventually support win32.

I've done two GPS protocols, NMEA 0183 (almost all receivers support
this) and Rockwell Zodiac (for the DeLorme Earthmate, which doesn't).
There's other protocols for Trimble and Garmin receivers, but they
support NMEA.

There is a new gpsfix example in doc/examples, and I've refactored the
MouseMan example to use the new SerialPort transport.. however, I don't
own any serial mice, so someone else is going to have to test it.

-bob