[Twisted-Python] adbapi.operationDone

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Dec 9 17:33:37 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 03:29:29PM -0500, Steve Waterbury wrote:
> Twisted Gurus,
>
> Yet another sophomoric question :^) ...
>
> The only way I've come up with to pass in a value to
> adbapi.Augmentation.operationDone(done) is as follows:
>
> class MyAug(Augmentation):
>     def addThingy(self, whatever):
>         args = munge(whatever) # make some sql, etc.
>         out = self.runOperation(*args)
>         out.addCallback(lambda x: self.operationDone('addThingy'))
>         out.addErrback(self.operationError)
>
> This works, but is there a more orthodox(/elegant) way?  I've
> tried many permutations of using callbackArgs, without success.

What about:
   out.addCallback(self.operationDone)
?

The idea of course is that you subclass operationDone to be whatever you
want.  You're also free to ignore it; it's a convenience function.

I probably should update the "Introduction to Twisted Enterprise" doc to
make this clearer :)

> BTW, thanks for all the new twisted stuff ... I'm just starting
> to use lore ... very cool!

Thanks! :)

Lore's quite new though, so if you've got any feedback Moshe and I would
love to hear it.

-Andrew.