[Twisted-Python] epydoc and Twisted

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Aug 23 01:35:47 EDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:12:49 -0600, Bruce Mitchener <bruce at cubik.org> wrote:
> Christopher Armstrong wrote:
>
> > 2. I hope we're going to start using the @foo mechanisms that epydoc
> > uses in Twisted -- it'll make our API references much more
> > information-rich. Does anyone have any problems with that?
>
> I hope not.  I'd be very disappointed.  The informatation that they've
> been providing in work docs has been a big help.

"It's not just a good idea, it's the law."

This should be in the coding standard.  While I wouldn't take a lot of
developer time that might be better spent elsewhere to go through and insert
this meta-information, we really ought to be getting the most out of the
documentation system we use.

We should also write a silly hack to allow any module to import without
ImportErrors.  I think this would fix most of the doc generation issues?

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Travelling Sorcerer  |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |