[Twisted-Python] epydoc and Twisted

Bruce Mitchener bruce at cubik.org
Thu Aug 22 14:12:49 EDT 2002

Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 11:59, Bruce Mitchener wrote:
>>Thoughts on how we should deal with the import problem are welcome.  Is
>>that a roadblock in the way of switching from happydoc to epydoc?
>
> I have no response to your question, but I have some comments to make.
>
> 1. converting generate-domdocs to use epydoc seems it'll be really easy
> -- it'll just require a slightly modified regexp-builder, afaics. I'll
> get to that soon.

Cool, I didn't really want to do that.

> 2. I hope we're going to start using the @foo mechanisms that epydoc
> uses in Twisted -- it'll make our API references much more
> information-rich. Does anyone have any problems with that?

I hope not.  I'd be very disappointed.  The informatation that they've
been providing in work docs has been a big help.

I do wish that epydoc generated more internal links .. might be a good
thing for someone to add.  I've got some other epydoc patches that I'll
end up contributing I guess.

  - Bruce