[Twisted-Python] epydoc and Twisted

Bruce Mitchener bruce at cubik.org
Thu Aug 22 11:59:39 EDT 2002

I've done a first pass at building Twisted docs with epydoc.  It can be
seen here:

     http://day.cubik.org/~bruce/twisted/epydoc/twisted.html

The command line that I'm using to do that is:

python2.1 /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/epydoc/cli.py -o doc/epydoc
-n Twisted -vvvv `find twisted -name \*.py | grep -v test | grep -v gtk
| grep -v jyac | grep -v java | grep -v qt | grep -v ssl | grep -v win32
| grep -v wxsup | grep -v kqre | grep -v pywid | grep -v gnome | grep -v
native | grep -v mktap | grep -v manhole | grep -v tktree | grep -v
tkutil | grep -v ssh | grep -v xmlrpc | grep -v /reactor.py | grep -v
/mail/`

which is quite a mess.

The problem is that since it imports the files, any missing dependencies
and so on will cause it to bomb. (/mail/ is excluded because it
triggered an epydoc bug and I couldn't care enough yet to look and fix it.)

There were tons of warnings/errors from epydoc which I've logged and
I'll start looking at that soon (over the next day or so).

Thoughts on how we should deal with the import problem are welcome.  Is
that a roadblock in the way of switching from happydoc to epydoc?

  - Bruce