[Twisted-Python] Bug adding SSL web server through coil

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Thu Aug 22 11:05:05 EDT 2002

Alex Levy wrote:

> I've hit a bug while playing around with coil.  I made an out-of-the-box
> web.tap ('mktap web --path static') and ran coil ('coil web.tap'), went
> to http://localhost:9080/config/ports/ssl and tried to add an 'HTML Web
> Server' on port 8888.
>
> I got the following error:
> exceptions.TypeError: listenSSL() takes at least 4 arguments (3 given)

Coil is experimental - more a proof of concept than an actual working system
(though it works pretty decently for adding TCP servers.) The problem with
it is that adding new things to Coil is too time consuming and tedious, and
it's not flexible enough. At some point we may have a go at rewriting it
from scratch based on the lessons we learned.

Meanwhile, you could add support for SSL if you wanted too - it's not too hard.