[Twisted-Python] Concurrent data access with select() safe?

Mukhsein Johari arashi1 at pd.jaring.my
Tue Aug 13 14:09:19 EDT 2002

Hello all,

I've managed to get a working custom webserver thanks to Donovan. My next
question is (perhaps more due to my ignorance of how select works) how do you
control concurrent access to data?

In a multi-thread system you'd normally use devices like locks on the data /
resource but what about an event based one like twisted?

Say my server does reads and writes on some file/files. How do I ensure data
integrity? Do I need some kind of locking mechanism or does using
SelectReactor make this point moot?

--
Regards,
Mukhsein Johari