[Twisted-Python] PB over unix socket ... how?

Jp Calderone exarkun at meson.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 11 12:31:26 EDT 2002

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 02:23:01AM -0400, Steve Waterbury wrote:
> twisted gurus ... help!
>
> I want to use PB down in the guts of my application, but only later on
> will I actually be using the pb protocol over the network, so in the
> meantime I'd like to play it safe and have PB talk to other components
> over unix domain sockets.
>
> I know from wandering around in the internet module that there's lots
> of support for unix sockets and even an IReactorUNIX, but it's late and
> I'm a little dizzy and I figured someone could probably point me in the
> right direction with about 5 lines anyway ... if there's an example, I
> musta missed it ... 8^P

Just take the pb examples and change the "listenTCP" call and change the
port argument to a string.  The string will be the name of unix socket in
the filesystem.  Change your connectTCP calls similarly and you should be in
business.

  Jp

--
A sad spectacle.  If they be inhabited, what a scope for misery
and folly.  If they be not inhabited, what a waste of space.