[Twisted-Python] Patch for dbgadgets.py

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 6 16:47:10 EDT 2002

On Sun, 04 Aug 2002 16:07:55 -0400, Steve Waterbury <steve.waterbury at gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Sorry about the duplicate post!  (I thought the first one got lost,
> since I received a couple of posts that had been sent later.)

This will sometimes happen because I can't check my email for a while.  Anyone
who doesn't have a subscription to the list needs to be manually OK'd for
posting every time they do it.

This technique blocks a LOT of spam to this list :).

If you (the plural "you", not just Steve...) post from a different email
address than you read from, or the Sender: header from your mail is messed up
for firewall reasons, then you can subscribe the address you send and set the
"nomail" mailman option to have it never actually deliver any mail.

If you don't do this, then I'm going to have to keep manually verifying every
post you write, and sometimes duplicates will go through.  Lately the number of
people I've had to do this for has decreased, but I still OK about 6 or 7 valid
messages per week.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |