[Twisted-Python] Re: [Zope3-dev] Twisted and Component Architecture

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Apr 23 14:40:35 EDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 09:29:05AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> > So, this is what I think I'll do - I'll refactor the minimum
> > implementation Twisted's uses, making sure that it uses the same
> > semantics and syntax as Zope3's (e.g. __implements__ being a
> > tuple/singelton instead of lists - why was this made inconsistent in
> > Zope, anyway?).
>
> Inconsistent? With what? Tuples and interfaces are allowed so that:

It's inconsistent with itself.  This is an unfortunate wart of Python, I
think, that because it's easy to forget the trailing ',' to create a
tuple, spelling gets mixed up in the way metadata is defined.
__implements__ can an interface or a tuple which contains either tuples,
interfaces, or both.  While this isn't really a big problem, it sure
makes writing code that deals with __implements__ (from the other side)
annoying.

> CA is a lot younger than Interface, so it's still changing quite
> a bit. You might want to wait a little longer for the changes to
> settle out.
>
> Let us know what you want to do and we'll be willing to port the
> software back.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, itamar, but) I think that the implementation
we have right now is adequate for our purposes -- we'll try to keep
evolving it so that Twisted will work with Zope3 components.

--
______      you are in a maze of twisted little applications, all
|_____|             http://www.twistedmatrix.com/