[Twisted-Python] PB and public key cryptography

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Tue Apr 23 07:18:39 EDT 2002

Two more points - we could use a subset of SPKI that fits our needs, in
order to not require full support.

E's info about this may be interesting
http://www.erights.org/elib/distrib/index.html

Apparently e-speak, HP's open source protocol (which had a Python
implementation - HP was doing a lot of Python at one point and perhaps still
are), used capabilities and SPKI. e-speak seems to have been killed by HP in
favor of "web services" (http://www.e-speak.net):

"""
HP is pleased to announce the availability of the HP Web Services Platform,
Developer Edition, the next generation of e-Speak. HP has evolved our Web
services pioneering product by delivering dynamic discovery and intelligent
conversations between services in a new standards-based platform. The HP Web
Services Platform, Developer Edition provides support for key Web services
standards such as WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, and XML. By adopting these key standards,
HP enables you to more easily interoperate with disparate environments such as
Microsoft's .NET.
"""

I really like the 'interoperate with disparate environments such as
Microsoft's .NET.' at the end :)