[Twisted-Python] wxWindows vs Gtk

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sun Apr 21 17:28:01 EDT 2002

I think that wxWindows could be a better choice for the GUI apps
included with Twisted.  Of course, in Linux, wxWindows maps right onto
GTK, but in win32 and Mac OS X (I think Mac OS as well) it maps to the
native widgets.  Unfortunately, Gtk isn't available for Mac OS, and is
only available for Mac OS X when running XDarwin, which certainly isn't
preferable.  There is a project to map Gtk to MacOS X, but it's in its
infancy and I don't see it making any real progress.

Thoughts?

-bob