[Twisted-Python] CVS toys today

Kevin Turner acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Apr 20 12:43:01 EDT 2002

As you have noticed, there is a funny little animal that watches all
your CVS commits and reports them to a mailing list.  I am trying to
turn this from "that thing Kevin set up" into something people use and
understand.  The last two days have seen two critical steps take place
toward this goal: a mostly-automatic test script, and the ability to
re-load the configuration file.

That is the file freshCfg in the CVSROOT module.  Check it out, change
it, check it back in, run `loginfo.py --reconfigure` on the server and
you should have magic new shoes without me needing to re-start the
process.

The source code for my CVS toys is currently in
~acapnotic/co-me/cvstoys/

Other questions:

Say the protocol (or something else) breaks and the service does need to
be re-started.  Which user should be running this process?  Some account
which any CVS-admin can sudo to?

What's the best way to get rid of those silly "Starting shutdown
sequence..." lines?

Should I move the code for this into Zaibach's shared CVS repository?
Before I do, does anyone have any suggestions for naming?  "cvstoys" and
particularly "fresher" seem pretty lame, but it's the best I came up
when I had to put something in the File Save dialog.

Share and enjoy,

 - Kevin

--
The moon is first quarter, 48.7% illuminated, 7.3 days old.