[Twisted-Python] How to setup a ftpserver, ftpclient?

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Apr 9 10:20:24 EDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 11:05:06PM +1000, Donovan Baarda wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 12:55:14PM +1000, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 10:20:06PM -0400, Michael Bacarella wrote:
> > > On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 11:22:47AM +1000, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> [...]
> > Good question.  Probably not a huge amount.  The FTPFileListingProtocol
> > could probably be taught to write as well as read; and perhaps the
> [...]
>
> I have code for this, non-twisted specific. I'm interested in supporting
> this in conjunction with a few other useful utility modules, so any
> changes/suggestions etc are welcome.

Certainly the writing (or "unparsing" as you call it :) part of this could
be used.

The parsing bits also look useful, especially the date parsing.
Unfortunately, strptime isn't portable (in particular, I don't think Windows
has it :( ).  But you're using some module called "strptime" -- that's not
from the standard library?

I don't think uid/gid should be numeric or translated to local names when
parsing -- ProFTPD at least returns names, and besides remote uids may not
match local ones.

Also, I'm curious as to how much more reliable this is at parsing wacky
formats than the regular expression in
twisted.protocols.ftp.FTPFileListingProtocol in CVS...

-Andrew.