[Twisted-Python] What rough protocol, its hour come at last, slouches towards Austin to be born?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Apr 8 18:53:50 EDT 2002

On Monday, April 8, 2002, at 06:08 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> I just checked in a substantial refactoring and change to Jelly,
> finalizing what I think Jelly ought to look like in PB's wire protocol.
> Before I declare that it is well and truly standard, however, there are
> a few things I'd like to resolve, and I'd be interested to hear a few
> opinions on them...
>
> 1: use of the word "tuple".
>
> Jelly uses the word "tuple" on the wire, which is fairly
> Python-specific.  Really it ought to be "immutable-list" or something
> similar (perhaps leaving the door open for more immutable types in the
> future?).  Thoughts on this, especially from implementors in other
> languages?

I'd say that tuple is pretty standard terminology.  It's used quite
heavily in PostgreSQL's source code for example, and I've heard mention
of it in reference to common lisp.. Other things probably use it, I
don't think it had anything to do with python, I think python's use of
it is just the most prolific.

-bob