[Twisted-Python] Release Procedure, Patches and Bugs, oh my!

Itamar Shtull-Trauring lists at itamarst.org
Sun Sep 23 18:54:35 EDT 2001

Moshe Zadka wrote:

> We have about 20 items in the TODO file, we have loads of patches,
> and I have a suspicion we are not reporting bugs well enough
> because it's too frustrating.
> I suggest using some kind of bug tracking system. I suggest roundup,
> but please don't fight about this -- anything is better then nothing.

I agree! I'm just not sure how to add CGIs, or I'd add it. Plus it needs
a dbm module, and bsddb3 is *probably* better than python's bsddb (based
off bsddb 1.8), so maybe someone with root should install it

Or we could use SF... But roundup looks prettier, and will probably be
faster. But we need *something*, and we need it soon.

The patches are:
1. DNS resolver used for lookups (moshez)
2. multiple accept() (moshez)
3. New API for adding delayeds and shutdowns (itamar)
4. --python and --plugin for mktap (moshez)

And I have a few local patches and I'm sure other people have too.