[Twisted-Python] Re: pretzel (and mudbot theory)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Oct 7 01:47:56 EDT 2001

On Sunday, October 7, 2001, at 12:18  AM, Kevin Turner wrote:

> IMHO, it's not a good idea to check in new embrionic modules to the MAIN
> trunk in any case...  but starting a branch for it might make sense.
> ...and one of these days, you may want to decide that you don't want
> every Twisted Application in the main Twisted distribution either,
> particularly if they don't necessarily run on the same development
> cycles.  i.e. you might not want to wait for a new Twisted release to
> publish a new pretzel plug-in...

Well put.  I also feel that this is a problem for Twisted as a whole,
but haven't thought of a good solution yet.  If you have more thoughts
on how we can start to split out functionality (at least for release
development cycles if not for downloads), I'd like to hear them...

--
______      you are in a maze of twisted little applications, all
|_____|             http://www.twistedmatrix.com/