[Twisted-Python] Re: pretzel (and mudbot theory)

Chris Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Oct 6 12:50:53 EDT 2001

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 11:03:57AM -0500, Gavin Cooper wrote:
> > And for a bit of history -- this idea started with skreech and
> > his old 'mudbot' program which he used to connect Quake servers,
> > IRC, and his MUD. We thought it'd be fun to reimplement it (much
> > better) in Twisted, so I'm helping him out.
>
> pretzel already seems to be gone from CVS for some unexplained reason.
> But maybe since it is I who had the original vision, I could possibly
> explain what pretzel/mudbot is suppose to be.

I removed it from CVS because glyph is going to be releasing a new version
of Twisted soon and doesn't want non-functional packages in it.

BTW, about your non-code touching idea, for this all that would need to be
done is a simple configuration interface feature-plugin that gave the
ability to add/remove plugins and whatnot..

I just had a thought. :-) Since such a configuration interface would no
doubt need some sort of access control, I'm wondering if we could use the
authentication bits of twisted.pb (or twisted.internet.passport.. I still
don't know how any of that stuff works) without the networking stuff itself
(since communication is done through the "user agents" (glyph has pointed
out that this name doesn't really work either, btw)).

Chris Armstrong  |  carmstro at twistedmatrix.com  |  cjast3 at robert-morris.edu
Web Page: http://purl.org/net/ChrisArmstrong