[Twisted-Python] Configuration: The Never Ending Story.

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Sat May 12 03:03:34 EDT 2001

On Sat, 12 May 2001 02:10:53 -0400, Chris Armstrong <carmstro at dynup.net> wrote:

> Alright, I think I just misunderstood what you said about not executing
> methods until endParameters() is called. I thought you meant the object
> should be non-functional until endParamaters() is called. i realize now
> how stupid of a thought that was. :)

Well, the object can afford to be non-functional until .endParameters()
is called -- after all, no methods will expose it.

> > No, we won't.
> > We'll have copy.copy(klass.initParameters). No need to make it a callable,
> > really.
>
> Why? I don't understand. (I should make this [TM])

Because it will have a fixed template, which we then copy and change.

> Uhh.. isn't that what ListParameter is for?

There's no ListParameter, and it would be wrong to call it that.

> > Python will not have *any* implementation of interface checking stuff.
> > Of course, we'll just take objects up on their __implements__ word,
> > not check through methods.
>
> Ok, I was thinking of PEP 0246.
> (http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0246.html)

Which is only about *specifying* interfaces -- not checking them

> The only advantage I see of mutliple question sections (outside of one set
> for instantiation and one for configuration) is a wizard-like interface,
> and I'm not so sure that's good anyway. :)

And it's hard too -- we won't implement it.
I'll take all this dialog and rewrite my original spec.
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,