[Twisted-Python] explorer.py

Chris Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jun 30 00:59:52 MDT 2001

I'm working on a generic namespace browser. I've just committed a prototype
to TwistedPython/twisted/explorer.py (after much fretting of glyph and I over
what it should be named), and would like some suggestions. I'm
going to be taking a look at Squeak's browser again to get some ideas, but I'm
not a veteran squeak hacker, so I probably won't grok it as much as some other
people *cough*dash*cough* ;-)

Anyway, the gist of it is that I want a generic ObjectBrowser that can call
methods of, get attributes of, and execute arbitrary code in arbitrary
namespaces. Eventually a reality, web, and 3d UI are planned, and I think
there is a very interesting possibility of using it for the configuration
interface.

Chris Armstrong                        carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
http://twistedmatrix.com/~carmstro     carmstro at dynup.net