[Twisted-Python] [inheritance] Hello

Chris Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jun 19 14:21:56 EDT 2001

You're going to want to run
'gnusto build_map game.rpl out.py'
'mkrealityserver game.rpl game.spl'
'twistd -f game.spl'

This will start a number of services, one of them being a telnet server
on port 8888. telnet in and log in with your username and password.
twistd will also start an experimental web server interface on port 8080,
and a gloop server on 8889 (for faucets like gtkfaucet, jfaucet, and tkfaucet).

If you would like to have an 'administration' interface through telnet, call
twistd with this instead: 'twistd -f game.spl -t 4040'. That will start
a telnet server on port 4040 as well, which you can telnet to (username 'admin'
password 'admin') and execute arbitrary Python statements. This is a great way
to learn about TPy. You'll want to import __main__ at first, and use dir()
a lot. :)

Chris Armstrong                        carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
http://twistedmatrix.com/~carmstro     carmstro at dynup.net