[Twisted-Python] Configuration, Persistance and Version Control

Matthew Walker matsaleh at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 28 16:37:00 EDT 2001

Hmmm. Interesting context for the assignment Glyph just gave me - come up
with a friendly and robust config system for servers. I'm just coming up to
speed, so I have nothing to contribute yet, but I'm eager and this is a good
set of questions to begin with.

Sounds like one problem to solve is to differentiate between the initial
state with which you start/construct a server and the runtime state that
evolves during the use of the server, which is pickled. We need a robust and
easy way to a) establish the initial state (a la configure a server) and b)
enable that state to be saved and re-used in the future (e.g. kept in CVS or
other source control) while c) not mucking with the persistability of the
runtime state.

As I said, I am a twisted neophyte, so I'm going to spend much time learning
and listening and experimenting for a while first, but thanks for brining
the topic up.