[Twisted-Python] bugs

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jul 13 15:36:24 EDT 2001

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Chris Armstrong wrote:

> 1) in daemon mode, twistd is closing oldstdout, which later is needed if
> an exception is raised. (there's a traceback print on oldstdout)

This is debugging info which at worst will make nothing happen and at
best will help us debug obscure problems with logging :)

> 2) skt.bind() in twisted/internet/tcp.py will fail if
> ~/.twisted-web-pb exists. I guess when the server is shut down it
> should delete this file.

It does, if it shuts down cleanly.  And that's not really a file, it's a
socket; closing it removes the "file".

> 3) Something else, after working around these two bugs, is preventing the
> personal webservers to work.

I believe you should be able to manually change the permissions on your
~/.twisted-web-pb socket to 777; this is necessary for the www-data user
to be able to open/read from/write to it.  This isn't *really* a bug; I
suppose that it should automatically set your umask when binding a unix
socket; I confess that I don't quite understand why this is happening,
since it seemed to work before and I never had any umask-tweaking code, to
my knowledge.

                     @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m
                     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph