[Twisted-Python] Twisted.pim

Chris Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jul 8 01:24:46 EDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 01:35:16PM -0700, Kevin Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 12:36:06PM -0500, carmstro at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
> > I also think you don't quite understand what we're trying to do here - We're
> > not trying to integrate "everything under the sun",
>
> I'm glad I got that across :)  no, I don't quite understand, so I'm
> trying to get you to define scope (something Nafai has confessed to
> struggling with).  What is "PIM data"?  Which things are "personal
> information" that you're managing, as opposed to "apersonal
> information"?  You have ToDo entries, grouped in lists, some of which
> have times associated with them and thus get called "appointments".
> Does that cover it?  Then why didn't you say so?  ;)

Well, for instance, something that is *not* personal data is your example
of embedding spreadsheets in documents. Appointments, todo lists, contacts,
and any other data that deals specifically with *you* are personal information.
I think Glyph has also mentioned something about InstanceMessenger somehow
integrating with Twisted Pim, but I don't remember what for.

Chris Armstrong                        carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
http://twistedmatrix.com/~carmstro     carmstro at dynup.net