[Twisted-Python] Reality Servers

Chris.Hadgis at mincom.com Chris.Hadgis at mincom.com
Tue Aug 28 19:24:33 EDT 2001

I downloaded the TRDemo zip file yesterday and everything works okay
now...

I have identified three problems I will look at as time permits

(1) 'pull string' of the John Romero action figure results in the
broadcast messages appearing twice. Calls to broadcastToPair() appear but
calls to broadcast() do not. I don't know why. I changed the function so
the John Romero messages actually appear now. I don't know why broadcast()
won't work from the 'pull string' function.

(2) obvious exits should always show the obvious exits from the player's
room even when you are looking at an object. Glyph mentioned this
yesterday.

(3) add an 'examine' verb, which is the same as 'look at'. I want to use
'x' as a short-cut for examine, but the code for direction short-cuts
won't work in this case - direction short-cuts replace the whole sentence
with the full command.

If ANYONE has problems with tkfaucet, please add them to the list and I
will see what I can do about fixing them.

Cheers,
ChrisH

information.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
delete it and notify the sender.  The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group
of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.