[Twisted-Python] Reality Servers

Glenn.Rieger at mincom.com Glenn.Rieger at mincom.com
Sun Aug 26 20:45:57 EDT 2001

I downloaded Twisted 0.10.0 along with Inheritance and TRDemo to continue
looking at the .reality side of things.

There is bad news and good news...

The bad news is the username/password for TRDemo no longer seems to be
guest/guest

The good news is this does not kill faucet, but results in a cute "oops,
unauthorized" message. Hmm, I may look at getting that to appear as a
pop-up tk message-box.

Am I using the wrong username and password for TRDemo or is something
missing somewhere else? The Inheritance demo runs okay.

Is anyone currently working on the gtkfaucet? If not, then I would like to
know if I can make changes to the core reality product. I will try where
possible not to break the gtkfaucet functionality, but since I can't test
it I won't make promises :) If there is someone using gtkfaucet, I would
appreciate hearing from you to work out some arrangement when I feel I
need to change or add to the existing reality scripts.

I have created DOS bat files as wrappers for building a reality tap and
for running the tap with twistd. It contains the required commands plus a
few house-keeping details like removing log and pid files before running.

Currently, I have (1) modified the tkfaucet to word-wrap the description
and item frames, (2) display them at a reasonable width and height, (3)
added the shortcut code from gtkfaucet. I'm not entirely happy about the
shortcuts, as I believe the "go north" command should have "n" as a
synonym. However, I will leave it as is until I get around to looking at
these commands.

I don't like the idea that when you "look at" something, like the Colt
pistol for example, your location changes to Colt pistol. That is, you
have to perform a "look" command before you can move to another location.

This is all I have to report at the moment. I would have had more but I
got side-tracked playing the IF game Moist (written in TADS). Now *that*
would have some interesting possibilities in a multi-player environment :)

Cheers,
ChrisH

information.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
delete it and notify the sender.  The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group
of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.