[Twisted-Python] "Eww... Here, smell this!" (was Re: Multiplex)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Aug 16 22:23:18 EDT 2001

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Kevin Turner wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 06:48:59AM -0500, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> >
> > This is what Cached was designed for :-).
>
> I must be missin' something.  Here's my attempt.  Problems include not
> being sure if I can really talk in the Cache -> Cached direction, and
> the transparent automatic repeater creation alchemy doesn't even come
> close.

Yes, you can.  See the (woefully incomplete, I know) docs for

	twisted.spread.pb.Cached.getStateToCacheAndObserveFor

and let me know if it makes sense...

> (no, it doesn't run.  yes, the names suck.  but none of that matters if
> it doesn't work at all.)

Still not sure if I understand, though I'll give the code a more thorough
read-through later...  Is there a single object that you're replicating,
or do you want *any* client to be able to publish a repeater to the server
that any other client can observe?

                     @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m
                     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph