[Twisted-Python] Reality Servers

Chris Hadgis chrish at mincom.com
Mon Aug 13 03:05:58 EDT 2001

From: "Glyph Lefkowitz" <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>

[snip]

> > ... I ran the Inheritance module, and after
> > going through some code to find the username and password, I was able to
run
> > this successfully. I am now able to move around in the inheritance game,
but
> > that's about it.
>
> Unfortunately, that's about as far as we got.  You can put things in
> things, and if you read author.py you should get a few hints as to "verbs"
> you can use to create things... hopefully some of the ex-reality authors
> can chime in here...

I'll have a look at author.py tonight (hopefully).

By the way, your suggestion of changing "reality" to "twisted.reality" when
running faucet did the trick. I can now proceed through the game via the tk
interface. How does this mesh with the web browser interface? Or is it
something separate?

> > Does anyone know the status of reality servers?
>
> What do you mean by Status?

Is anyone actively working on them? Are there any long-range plans for them?

I think I asked before if they were supposed to be like TADS interpreters or
Z-machines, or are they to be something different.

It's going to take some time to go through the various modules and find out
how they fit together, and how the reality server interprets and processes
sentences. If there are docs on how to create a reality world they would be
helpful.

> > I'm really enjoying playing around with all of this stuff.
>
> Great to hear it! :)

I'll reply to the list when I get some more information together, or when I
get some more questions :)

In our city we get a public holiday on Wednesday but I think most of the day
is already taken up by family plans. If only I had discovered these sorts of
projects 10 to 15 years ago...

Cheers,
ChrisH

information.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
delete it and notify the sender.  The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group
of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.