[Twisted-Python] Checking in SSL support

Itamar twisted at itamarst.org
Sat Aug 11 12:15:03 EDT 2001

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote

>If you could, would you add autodetection code in twisted/tap/web.py that
>will make an SSL webserver on port 443 if SSL is available?

I'll let someone else do it, I've got lots of work to do.

>>3) docs/examples/server.pem (a SSL ceritificate so echoserv-ssl can run).
>>

>Is there any copyright concern over this?  How is it generated?

I stole it from m2crypto, so it shouldn't be an issue. It's generated by
OpenSSL using an arcane process I never ever mange to remember.

>>SSL contexts are created per socket and not stored in the
>>ssl.Port/ssl.Client instances, since they are not picklable.
>>

>Cool.  Are they regenerated on login?

Yeah, they are regenrated in createInternetSocket using a function that
can be changed in subclasses.

Anyay, I will checkin sometime next week.