[Twisted-Python] I was looking for offhanded ways to improve us.

Chris Armstrong carmstro at dynup.net
Sat Apr 28 19:12:48 EDT 2001

Ok, 3 points.

1) I think 0.9.0 should be feature-complete with 1.0, and 0.9.* only be bug
fixes, and all your current 0.9.* releases be 0.8.* releases.

2) package-izing of web. I think this needs to be done (we have webconfig
and webutils in twisted, and these should be web.config and web.utils).
I've been bitching about this for a very long time. I think it should be
done before 1.0. It makes sense to do it now, while the protocol handling
part of web is being factored out into protocols.http.

3) Maybe releases >1.0 should be a little more spread out numerically. Maybe
not. I donno.

Chris Armstrong                        carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
http://twistedmatrix.com/~carmstro     carmstro at dynup.net