[Reality] Current Task: OBJECT PROXIES.

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue May 2 07:00:13 CDT 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006 20:55:40 -0400, Christopher Armstrong <radix at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>Jp and I will be working on "OBJECT PROXIES" starting tonight. These are
>meant to solve the problem of dynamically changing the behavior based on
>intermediary game objects. FOR EXAMPLE: A sound-proof glass window should
>let light through but not sound. This would be implemented by capturing
>events which traverse the glass window, and removing aurial concepts from
>that event. MAYBE. We don't actually know how we're going to do this, but
>we'll write some unit tests and see where that takes us.

We made a little progress on this.  A new findProviders method has been added which returns a generator of all objects that provide a particular interface within a certain distance from a particular object.  We didn't get much further than that because we noticed several tests in the suite had started failing due to my upgrader to dapper: pyparsing is smashing unicode down into byte strings sometimes, which breaks when it hits axiom.

Anyone know how to force pyparsing to always emit unicode?

Jean-Paul