[Reality] Tentative list of features for initial TR+Divunal release

Christopher Armstrong reality@twistedmatrix.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 00:05:05 -0400

The plan so far is to have an initial release of TR that includes
a part of what will be the Divunal tutorial as a demo. There's a
basic set of objects that we need for this to happen:

 * Doors with locks
 * Keys
 * Batteries
 * Stuff to put the batteries in [1]
 * Backpacks
 * Adapters for player statistics
   * Charge [1]
   * Health
   * Score

[1]: The Charge adapter will also presumably implement the interface
     for things that can be powered by batteries, although the
     "socket/plug" will probably be a separate interface.
     Also, elaboration on "stuff to put the batteries in" is required.
     An electronic lock?

That's for the objects.

Commands:
 * inventory
 * score -->
   'You look at your wrist. It reads: "%d %d %d"' % (charge, health, score)
   :-)

We also need to have an authenticator and a login prompt for the
telnet interface.

And don't forget about persistence and  maps, of course. Dash has volunteered
to be responsible for those things.

Remember that this is just for the demo, so I think we should keep it simple
so we can get a release aout ASAP.

Oh, and hopefully I'll be getting together with exarkun to do some pairing
on this sometime soon. I'm going down to South Carolina for a short
"vacation" from Wednesday->Sunday. I'm going to have some free time on the
weekend, so maybe I'll do some Divu-hacking on the beach. ;-D When I get
back, I plan on getting together with exarkun.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/