[Reality] Wearable computing

Allen Short reality@twistedmatrix.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 05:00:55 -0500 (CDT)

----Security_Multipart(Wed_Sep_18_05:00:55_2002_457)--

    > I think this means that we should have "category objects" which
    > specify factories and invariants for certain constellations of
    > functionality that can be associated with Things, and perhaps
    > for Things themselves, in order that we don't get nonsensible
    > (incompatible) combinations of stuff.  'Electronic + Portable +
    > Clothing = YES' but 'Clothing + Landscape + Explosive = NO'.
    > This may also imply that some adapters are intrinsic but others
    > are extrinsic.  (I *am* a flute, but I just *happen* to be
    > enchanted at the moment.)

i smell a use case for opencyc...
(*flicks on Asbahr-shaped spotlight*)

seriously though, this is moving into the domain of knowledge bases
and probably should be treated as such, whether you use cyc or framerd
or whatever. at the least, some sort of storage of relationships apart
from the relationships of the code would help.