[Reality] V3(4?) RFC?

Phil Christensen evil_ivan@yahoo.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 05:14:23 -0800 (PST)

--- Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph@twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody subscribed to this list knew the process
> for
> writing an RFC, and if so, thought it was worth the time and effort
> to do
> so for the V3 protocol ...

well, i don't really think that a game platform would really be
considered "important enough" for an RFC (then again, see RFC 2324 --
http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/cgi-bin/hyperrfc?rfc2324.txt ). However, I,
personally, have been hoping you could document the protocol in an
RFC-like fashion for a very long time. Even if it doesn't become an
RFC, it would be incredibly valuable to anyone trying to write either a
custom client, or (i imagine) a new RealityUI......

-phil