[Reality] Hello, Sailor.

James Knight jknight@mit.edu
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:47:12 -0500

At 6:01 PM -0500 12/7/00, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>Just writing to test if the mailinglist is still working after all this
>time, and to alert you all that Twisted Reality in action.  Twisted Matrix
>Enterprises is recently renamed Twisted Matrix Laboratories, since I don't
>plan on working on any commercial products in the near future.
>
>http://www.twistedmatrix.com/~glyph/py is where you will find the newest
>and coolest, or in your friendly local CVS repository at /cvs.

Hey that stuff is really cool. :) I dunno how to login with the
multiplayer server though. The documentation-mentioned
username/password doesn't actually work and I'm too unfamiliar with
it all to figure out how to frob the password field in the mapfile to
a encoded version of a password known to me.

Also I'm kinda boggled at the number of different format transitions
the mapfile goes through before being able to be loaded by the
server. I get the difference between source and runnable binary but I
don't understand how the spl stuff is useful.

The amount of functionality available in those packages with the
amount of code there is really impressive though.

Damn I gotta learn python sometime. :)

james