[Reality] Sentence Parsing

Benjamin Sunshine-Hill sneftel@popmail.com
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 00:00:06 -0600 (CST)

I've been having a problem with the demo pump (both binary and source-built): Sentences like "Go down" do not work. I turned on logAllParts() in the sentence parser, and the problem became apparent: the parser isn't recognizing direct objects. For instance, if I feed it "Blow styrofoam cup to Kingdom Come with shotgun", it registers the verb, the indirect object and the abletive, but doesn't seem to even notice the cup. I'm not familiar enough with the code yet to be able to wade through the parser; has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Get your own free email account from
http://www.popmail.com